Teacher in Charge: Mrs B. Hoy
Learners will use basic coding knowledge to construct a basic computer programme. This is suitable for beginner coders and those with more advanced coding knowledge and will be focused on creating a new phone app or basic multi-level computer game. ** Note: An optional external will be offered. This course is suitable for learners new to coding or with experience.
Voluntary Course Contribution
● No Course Fee associated with this course.
● Possible Field Trip opportunity to deepen and reinforce learning at an approximate cost of between $15 to $35 covering travel expenses and entry fee. * to be confirmed during the course depending on available exhibitions and events and added to statements as they occur.
Optional Items - Recommended for home purchase and use
● Students would benefit from a laptop that is capable of running current Adobe Creative Cloud and CAD software. Please note there are limited school laptops available for in class use.
● Laptop Mouse for use with School devices.
● Depending on learner goals, progress and or to provide stretch some learners will be encouraged to compete in external exams and competitions. External Exams and or Competition Entry Fees are an additional cost.
In addition to the Senior Stationery list on our My School Office Max Portal.
No additional course specific stationery items needed.
To keep costs low, we recommend only buying the items of stationery you do not have. Your child is welcome to bring items from home, perhaps purchased in previous years and repurposed to save money. This could include erasers, headphones, scientific calculators and padlocks for the lockers if they already have one.
Please be aware, our charges may change