2 Mathematics for STEM (2MMS1)
Teacher in Charge: Mrs M. Darroch
This is a fundamental Maths course that is essential if you have tertiary goals in mind. Develop your Algebra skills to the next level, learn to use graphical methods, trigonometry, and an introduction to calculus. It is essential that all learners have a scientific calculator, however, there is a distinct advantage to those learners who have a graphics calculator. Learners are expected to have a reasonable grasp of basic Algebra.
Recommended Prior Learning
You need to have sound Algebra skills to be successful in this course.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Voluntary Course Contribution
● Annual E-learning lesson & homework tool (IXL) to assist and reinforce lessons at a cost of $25.00.
● Possible Field Trip opportunity to deepen and reinforce learning at an approximate cost of between $15 to $35 covering travel expenses and entry fee. * to be confirmed during the course depending on available exhibitions and events and added to statements as they occur.
Optional Items - Recommended for home purchase and use
● Dedicated learner laptop (Chrome book suitable) with learners own headset recommended.
● Theory workbooks. Depending on the course and learner level, learners may be required to purchase a theory workbook to assist and reinforce lessons. Subject to the course and level coursebooks can be provided at a subsidised cost of approx. $10 to $35.
● Those choosing to complete an External Exam are encouraged to purchase a revision coursebook for home via the school at a cost of $10.00.
See the Senior Stationery list on our My School Office Max Portal.
Mathematics items included in the general stationery list include
● 1 x Casio FX82AU Plus II 2 Scientific Calculator Black * Graphical Calculator an advantage
● 1 x Taurus Plastic Ruler 15cm Clear
● Pens, Pencils, and Pencil Case
Specific items required for this course additional to the senior stationery list include
● 1 x A4 Display Book Insert Cover 40 Pocket Blue
● 2 x 1J8 A4 Exercise Book 5mm Quad 36 Leaves
● NuLake Mathematics EAS 2.7 Calculus Methods Level 2 Year 12
To keep costs low, we recommend only buying the items of stationery you do not have. Your child is welcome to bring items from home, perhaps purchased in previous years and repurposed to save money. This could include erasers, headphones, scientific calculators, and padlocks for the lockers if they already have one.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 12 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 5 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 7 credits.
Please be aware, our charges may change