Teacher in Charge: Mrs S. CharlesRecommended Prior Learning
Level 1 Japanese
This course provides opportunities for learners to develop more sophisticated communication skills. This is a balanced course of reading, writing, listening, and speaking, based on Level 7 of the New Zealand curriculum. Learners will develop an in-depth understanding of Japanese language and culture. Topics include school life, teenage lifestyles, environmental issues in Japan, leisure interests, and a movie study.
Interpreter, Translator, Private Teacher/Tutor, Secondary School Teacher, Sales Representative, Travel Agent/Adviser, Advertising Specialist, Sales and Marketing Manager, Journalist, Communications Professional, Information Technology Helpdesk/Support Technician, Marketing Specialist, Importer/ExporterContributions and Equipment/Stationery
Voluntary Course Contribution
● Course Fee $5.00 for in-class course materials and resources.
● Possible Field Trip opportunities to deepen and reinforce learning at an approximate cost of between $15 to $35. * Fees to cover travel expenses and entry fees and will be added to statements as and when trips occur.
● Language-specific e-learning lessons & homework tool to assist and reinforce lessons. (Annual Education Perfect cost of $25 per language subscription)
Optional Items - Recommended for home purchase and use
● Dedicated learner laptop (Chrome book suitable) with learners own headset recommended to better utilise e-learning tools.
See the Senior Stationery list on our My School Office Max Portal.
Additional language-specific stationery items required for this course include
● JMB Quad Book 10mm Quad 32 Leaves
● A4 Display Book Insert Cover 60 Pocket Green
To keep costs low, we recommend only buying the items of stationery you do not have. Your child is welcome to bring items from home, perhaps purchased in previous years and repurposed to save money. This could include erasers, headphones, scientific calculators, and padlocks for the lockers if they already have one.
Interpreter, Translator, Private Teacher/Tutor, Secondary School Teacher, Sales Representative, Travel Agent/Adviser, Advertising Specialist, Sales and Marketing Manager, Journalist, Communications Professional, Information Technology Helpdesk/Support Technician, Marketing Specialist, Importer/Exporter
Please be aware, our charges may change