Teacher in Charge: Ms A. MansfieldRecommended Prior Learning
Level 1 French.
This course will provide learners with the opportunities to develop more sophisticated communication skills. Learners will explore topics including education, travel and tourism, health and Francophone culture. This is a balanced course of reading, writing, speaking and listening based on Level 7 of the New Zealand curriculum.
Optional internal standard: A.S. 91119 v2 French 2.3 - Interact using spoken French to share information and justify ideas and opinions in different situations (5 credits).
Interpreter, Translator, Private Teacher/Tutor, Secondary School Teacher, Travel Agent/Adviser, Sales Representative, Sales and Marketing Manager, Communications Professional, Importer/Exporter, Marketing SpecialistContributions and Equipment/Stationery
Voluntary Course Contribution
● Course Fee $5.00 for in-class course materials and resources.
● Possible Field Trip opportunities to deepen and reinforce learning at an approximate cost of between $15 to $35. * Fees to cover travel expenses and entry fees and will be added to statements as and when trips occur.
● Language-specific e-learning lessons & homework tool to assist and reinforce lessons. (Annual Education Perfect cost of $25 per language subscription)
Optional Items - Recommended for home purchase and use
● Dedicated learner laptop (Chrome book suitable) with learners own headset recommended to better utilise e-learning tools.
See the Senior Stationery list on our My School Office Max Portal.
Additional language-specific stationery items required for this course include
● 1B5 Exercise Book 7mm Ruled 40 Leaves
● A4 Display Book Insert Cover 60 Pocket Green
To keep costs low, we recommend only buying the items of stationery you do not have. Your child is welcome to bring items from home, perhaps purchased in previous years and repurposed to save money. This could include erasers, headphones, scientific calculators, and padlocks for the lockers if they already have one.
Interpreter, Translator, Private Teacher/Tutor, Secondary School Teacher, Travel Agent/Adviser, Sales Representative, Sales and Marketing Manager, Communications Professional, Importer/Exporter, Marketing Specialist
Please be aware, our charges may change