Teacher in Charge: Mrs M. Darroch
Year 12 Statistics: In this course, we are focused on understanding our world and how to improve it using statistical models. Learners will delve deeper into the growing world of data analysis - whether from an economic, sporting, or other real-life application. Learning to design questionnaires that help them understand the issues, patterns, and trends and think about possible solutions. This course cannot be taken in conjunction with MLAB - Maths Lab.
Data Analyst, Economics,Career Pathways
Voluntary Course Contribution
● Annual E-learning lesson & homework tool (IXL) to assist and reinforce lessons at a cost of $25.00.
● Possible Field Trip opportunity to deepen and reinforce learning at an approximate cost of between $15 to $35 covering travel expenses and entry fee. * to be confirmed during the course depending on available exhibitions and events and added to statements as they occur.
Optional Items - Recommended for home purchase and use
● Dedicated learner laptop (Chrome book suitable) with learners own headset recommended.
● Theory workbooks. Depending on the course and learner level, learners may be required to purchase a theory workbook to assist and reinforce lessons. Subject to the course and level coursebooks can be provided at a subsidised cost of approx. $10 to $35.
● Those choosing to complete an External Exam are encouraged to purchase a revision coursebook for home via the school at a cost of $10.00.
See the Senior Stationery list on our My School Office Max Portal.
Mathematics items included in the general stationery list include
● 1 x Casio FX82AU Plus II 2 Scientific Calculator Black * Graphical Calculator an advantage
● 1 x Taurus Plastic Ruler 15cm Clear
● Pens, Pencils, and Pencil Case
Specific items required for this course additional to the senior stationery list include
● 1 x A4 Display Book Insert Cover 40 Pocket Blue
● 2 x 1J8 A4 Exercise Book 5mm Quad 36 Leaves
● Walker Maths 2.12 Probability Methods
To keep costs low, we recommend only buying the items of stationery you do not have. Your child is welcome to bring items from home, perhaps purchased in previous years and repurposed to save money. This could include erasers, headphones, scientific calculators, and padlocks for the lockers if they already have one.
Please be aware, our charges may change