Teacher in Charge: Mr M. Hobbs
Mechanical engineers design and develop everything that is moving or has moving parts – from aeroplanes to wind turbines to dishwashers and everything from macroscopic (large) down to nanoscopic (very small).
In this course, learners will work with a wide variety of engineering materials and equipment. Learners will work to design and assemble their very own novelty wind vane.
Working with a hand tools,
Marking out .
Operating a range of engineering machinery.
Working with a wide range of engineering materials.
Design and test.
Patternmaker, Electronics Engineer, Information Technology Helpdesk/Support Technician, Fabrication Engineer, Cabinet Maker, Civil Engineering Technician/Draughtsperson, Medical Laboratory Scientist, Electronics Trades Worker, Electrician, Electrical Engineering Technician, Lift Technician, Engineering Machinist, Information Technology Architect, Welder, Marine Engineer, Furniture Finisher, Upholsterer, Industrial Spray Painter, Purchasing/Supply Officer, Production Manager, Project Manager, Saw Doctor, Secondary School Teacher, User Experience Designer, Test AnalystContributions and Equipment/Stationery
Voluntary Course Contribution
● Course Fee $35.00 for in class materials and resources. * Refer to the take home component below.
● Possible Field Trip opportunity to deepen and reinforce learning at an approximate cost of between $15 to $35 covering travel expenses and entry fee. * to be confirmed during the course depending on available exhibitions and events and added to statements as they occur.
Optional Items - Recommended for home purchase and use
● Take Home Components. Note full payment of course fee will allow learners to take home any items they produce during the course; otherwise items remain the property of the school for community purchase at the end of year. This helps us as a College to replace course materials.
● Students would benefit from a laptop that is capable of running current Adobe Creative Cloud and CAD software. Please note there are limited school laptops available for in class use.
● Adobe Creative Cloud/CAD software is available to purchase from the school for your personal device for use at home at a cost $10.00 for students enrolled in this course.
See Senior Stationery list on our My School Office Max Portal.
No additional course specific stationery items other than the Senior Stationery list are required for this course
To keep costs low, we recommend only buying the items of stationery you do not have. Your child is welcome to bring items from home, perhaps purchased in previous years and repurposed to save money. This could include erasers, headphones, scientific calculators and padlocks for the lockers if they already have one.
Please be aware, our charges may change