3 Sport and Recreation (3REC)
Teacher in Charge: Mr A. Gebbie
Learners will be in charge of safely running a stand up paddleboard camp using safety management strategies. Learners will also participate in a range of practical exercises building up their knowledge of sports training techniques and applying them in their own programs along with analysing methods to ensure lifelong participation in sport.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Voluntary Course Contribution
● This course includes a range of Field Trips and or Camp at a cost of $100.00 to deepen and reinforce learning. * Course cost to be added to statements at the start of course.
● Learners will be expected to assist with and supply their own property (suitable personal clothing and footwear e.g. Paddleboard Cap) for overnight and day trip excursions.
Optional Items - Recommended for home purchase and use
● Dedicated learner laptop (Chrome book suitable) with learners own headset recommended.
In addition to the Senior Stationery list on our My School Office Max Portal.
The additional stationery items needed for this course include
● A4 Spiral Visual Diary 50 Leaves
● A4 Display Book Insert Cover 40 Pocket
● Loose Leaf Value Refill Pad (LP200) 7mm Lined 200 Leaves
● A4 Writing Exercise Book 7mm Ruled 36 Leaves
To keep costs low, we recommend only buying the items of stationery you do not have. Your child is welcome to bring items from home, perhaps purchased in previous years and repurposed to save money. This could include erasers, headphones, scientific calculators and padlocks for the lockers if they already have one.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 15 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 15 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 15
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.
Please be aware, our charges may change