3 Physics (3PHYS)
Teacher in Charge: Ms C. Green
Learners will explore the physics of everyday events and how physics can be applied to the world around us. It will involve looking at interacting systems and applying the physics ideas to new situations.
This course will cover a variety of areas of physics, including Waves, Mechanics, and Electricity and Magnetism. There will be the option to sit a combination of any of the external assessments, as well as the internal
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Voluntary Course Contribution
● Course Fee $10.00 for in class course materials and resources
● Possible Field Trip opportunity to deepen and reinforce learning at an approximate cost of between $15 to $35 covering travel expenses and entry fee. * to be confirmed during the course depending on available exhibitions and events will be added to statements as and when trips and occur.
Optional Items - Recommended for home purchase and use
● Dedicated learner laptop (Chrome book suitable) with learners own headset recommended.
● Course workbooks. Depending on the course and learner level, learners may benefit from the purchase of a relevant sciPAD or ESA Workbook. This has been included in the stationery list as a recommendation or can be purchased from the school on request.
● External Exam and Competition Fees. Depending on learner goals, progress and or to provide stretch some learners will be encouraged to compete in external exams and competitions.
See Senior Stationery list on our My School Office Max Portal.
Additional stationery items for this course include
● WA4 Writing Exercise Book 7mm Ruled 36 Leaves
● A4 Display Book Insert Cover 40 Pocket Blue
To keep costs low, we recommend only buying the items of stationery you do not have. Your child is welcome to bring items from home, perhaps purchased in previous years and repurposed to save money. This could include erasers, headphones, scientific calculators and padlocks for the lockers if they already have one.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 26 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 16 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 10 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 26
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.
Please be aware, our charges may change