2 Nature’s Lego (2LEGO2) Chemistry
Teacher in Charge: Ms C. Green
Learners will explore the structure and bonding of chemicals in the world around us. Why do certain materials have the properties they have? How do we determine what chemicals something is made up of? How do we turn one chemical into another?
** NOTE: Optional standard (A.S 91163) offered at Teachers' discretion in conjunction with the learner.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Voluntary Course Contribution
● Course Fee $10.00 for in class course materials and resources
● Possible Field Trip opportunity to deepen and reinforce learning at an approximate cost of between $15 to $35 covering travel expenses and entry fee. * to be confirmed during the course depending on available exhibitions and events will be added to statements as of and when trips and occur.
Optional Items - Recommended for home purchase and use
● Dedicated learner laptop (Chrome book suitable) with learners own headset recommended.
● Course workbooks. Depending on the course and learner level, learners may benefit from the purchase of a relevant sciPAD or ESA Workbook. This has been included in the stationery list as a recommendation or can be purchased from the school on request.
● External Exam and Competition Fees. Depending on learner goals, progress, and or to provide stretch some learners will be encouraged to compete in external exams and competitions.
In addition to the Senior Stationery list on our My School Office Max Portal.
Stationery items required for this course include
● WA4 Writing exercise Book 7mm ruled 3b leaves
● A4 Display book inset cover 40 pocket blue
● sciPAD External Chemistry Workbook Level 2 Year 12 9780992260408 * 2.2 IONS
● sciPAD Internal Chemistry Workbook Level 2 Year 12 9780992260422 * 2.4structure and bonding + organic chemistry)
To keep costs low, we recommend only buying the items of stationery you do not have. Your child is welcome to bring items from home, perhaps purchased in previous years and repurposed to save money. This could include erasers, headphones, scientific calculators, and padlocks for the lockers if they already have one.
Total Credits Available: 15 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 9 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 6 credits.
Please be aware, our charges may change