2 Growing a Better Tomorrow (2GROW2) Agr/Hort
Are you interested in Agriculture? New Zealand’s agricultural industry forms the backbone of our economy, contributing 48% to our export earnings. It needs people with specialist skills.
In this course, learners will do horticultural investigations, learn about propagation and agriculture reproductive techniques. This is a great introduction to the skills required for a career in primary industries.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Voluntary Course Contribution
● Course Fee $10.00 for in-class course materials and resources
● Possible Field Trip opportunity to deepen and reinforce learning at an approximate cost of between $15 to $35 covering travel expenses and entry fee. * to be confirmed during the course depending on available exhibitions and events will be added to statements as and when trips and occur.
● E-learning lesson & homework tool to assist and reinforce lessons. (Annual Education Perfect of $25 per learning area)
Optional Items - Recommended for home purchase and use
● Dedicated learner laptop (Chrome book suitable) with learners own headset recommended.
● Course workbooks. Depending on the course and learner level, learners may benefit from the purchase of a relevant sciPAD or ESA Workbook. This has been included in the stationery list as a recommendation or can be purchased from the school on request.
● External Exam and Competition Fees. Depending on learner goals, progress, and or to provide stretch some learners will be encouraged to compete in external exams and competitions.
In addition to the Senior Stationery list on our My School Office Max Portal.
Stationery items required for this course include
● WA4 Writing Exercise Book 7mm Ruled 36 Leaves
● A4 Display Book Insert Cover 40 Pocket Blue
To keep costs low, we recommend only buying the items of stationery you do not have. Your child is welcome to bring items from home, perhaps purchased in previous years and repurposed to save money. This could include
Total Credits Available: 12 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.
Please be aware, our charges may change