2 Te Reo Maori (2MAO2)
Teacher in Charge: Ms H. Samuel
This course aims to provide an enriching experience of the Maori language and its importance in New Zealand culture. Learners will develop their skills in the following areas: korero, whakarongo, panui, and tuhituhi.
Recommended Prior Learning
Level 1 Te Reo Maori.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Voluntary Course Contribution
● Course Fee $5.00 for in-class course materials and resources.
● Possible Field Trip opportunities to deepen and reinforce learning at an approximate cost of between $15 to $35. * Fees to cover travel expenses and entry fees and will be added to statements as of and when trips occur.
● Language-specific e-learning lessons & homework tools to assist and reinforce lessons. (Annual Education Perfect cost of $25 per language subscription)
Optional Items - Recommended for home purchase and use
● Dedicated learner laptop (Chrome book suitable) with learners own headset recommended to better utilise e-learning tools.
See Senior Stationery list on our My School Office Max Portal.
Additional language-specific stationery items required for this course include
● 1B5 Exercise Book 7mm Ruled 40 Leaves
● A4 Display Book Insert Cover 60 Pocket Green
To keep costs low, we recommend only buying the items of stationery you do not have. Your child is welcome to bring items from home, perhaps purchased in previous years and repurposed to save money. This could include erasers, headphones, scientific calculators, and padlocks for the lockers if they already have one.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Elected Government Representative, Journalist, Communications Professional, Interpreter, Primary School Teacher, Kaiwhakaako Māori, Librarian, Translator, Library Assistant, Policy Analyst, Private Teacher/Tutor, Youth Worker, Secondary School Teacher, Social Worker, Teacher Aide, Television Presenter, Tour Guide, Early Childhood Teacher, Health Care Assistant, Nanny/Child Carer, Receptionist, General Practitioner, Paramedic, Police Officer, Emergency Management Officer, Corrections Officer,
Please be aware, our charges may change