2 Create Dance (2DANC1) 84
Teacher in Charge: Ms S. Gimblett
Learners will work within a multi-level class, both individually and as an ensemble, towards performing or choreographing Dance. Learners will focus on their Dance Choreography in this course, by creating a group dance and a solo dance to communicate an intention.
This course includes an external. Given the multi-leveled approach, there is an opportunity to negotiate achievement standards with the Teacher in Charge depending on learner experience, skill, and capability. Learners can continue from 'Create Dance' in Semester One to create a whole year dance course, or learners can opt-in for Semester Two. There is an opportunity for leadership development in this multi-level course.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Voluntary Course Contribution
● Course Fee $5.00 for in-class materials and resources. * Refer to the take-home component below.
● Possible Field Trip opportunity to deepen and reinforce learning at an approximate cost of between $15 to $35 covering travel expenses and entry fee. * to be confirmed during the course depending on available exhibitions and events and added to statements as they occur.
Optional Items - Recommended for home purchase and use
● Dedicated learner laptop (Chrome book suitable) with learners own headset recommended.
See the Senior Stationery list on our My School Officemax Portal.
Additional Course-specific stationery items
● Ring-binder A4 2 Ring 25mm
● Index Dividers 5 Tab A4 Polypropylene Coloured.
● Warwick A4 Value Lecture Pad Ruled 200 Leaves.
To keep costs low, we recommend only buying the items of stationery you do not have. Your child is welcome to bring items from home, perhaps purchased in previous years and repurposed to save money. This could include erasers, headphones, scientific calculators, and padlocks for the lockers if they already have one.
Total Credits Available: 12 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.
Diversional Therapist, Actor, Art Director (Film, Television or Stage), Artistic Director, Film and Video Editor, Sound Technician, Dancer, Entertainer, Counsellor, Minister of Religion, Musician, Systems Administrator, Director (Film, Television, Radio or Stage), Early Childhood Teacher, Media Producer, Production Assistant (Film, Model, Nanny/Child Carer, Private Teacher/Tutor, Television Presenter, Art Director (Film, Television or Stage), Production Assistant (Film, Television, Radio or Stage),
Please be aware, our charges may change