1 Landscape Gardener (1LAND)
Teacher in Charge: Ms C. Green
Learners will plan small-scale gardens or plots. These may be applied to the Rolleston College Sustainable Garden or for an authentic client in the community. This course will develop skills for being a successful backyard gardener or for the budding horticulturist.
There will be the option to sit external assessments in this course.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Voluntary Course Contribution
● Course Fee $20.00 for in class course materials and resources including potting mix, seeds, fertiliser and compost.
● Possible Field Trip opportunity to deepen and reinforce learning at an approximate cost of between $15 to $35 covering travel expenses and entry fee. * to be confirmed during the course depending on available exhibitions and events will be added to statements as and when trips and occur.
Optional Items - Recommended for home purchase and use
● Dedicated learner laptop (Chrome book suitable) with learners own headset recommended.
● Course workbooks. Depending on the course and learner level, learners may benefit from the purchase of a relevant sciPAD or ESA Workbook. This has been included in the stationery list as a recommendation or can be purchased from the school on request.
In addition to the Senior Stationery list on our My School Office Max Portal.
Stationery items required for this course include
● WA4 Writing Exercise Book 7mm Ruled 36 Leaves
● A4 Display Book Insert Cover 40 Pocket Blue
● ESA Horticulture Learning Workbook Level 1 Year 11 (9780908340637)
To keep costs low, we recommend only buying the items of stationery you do not have. Your child is welcome to bring items from home, perhaps purchased in previous years and repurposed to save money. This could include erasers, headphones, scientific calculators and padlocks for the lockers if they already have one.
Total Credits Available: 15 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 11 credits.
Please be aware, our charges may change