1 Hangarau Pūeru (1FAB1) Fabrics Technology
Project: Friendly Fashion.
Develop skills to make garments while learning about the function of fabrics used in everyday life. In this course, you will create a daywear item that uses recycled, upcycled, and diverse materials.
Research and planning
Testing and evaluation
Fitness for purpose evaluation
Recommended Prior Learning
Some experience in soft materials technology would be an advantage.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Voluntary Course Contribution
● Course Fee $10.00 for in-class materials and resources.
● Possible Field Trip opportunity to deepen and reinforce learning at an approximate cost of between $15 to $35 covering travel expenses and entry fee. * to be confirmed during the course depending on available exhibitions and events and added to statements as they occur
Optional Items - Recommended for home purchase and use
● Depending on learner selected projects, learners are encouraged to purchase their own Fabric, Patterns, and Material separate and above the course fees.
● Dedicated learner laptop (Chrome book suitable) with learners own headset recommended.
See the Senior Stationery list on our My School Office Max Portal.
Additional stationery items are required for this course.
● A4 Spiral Visual Diary 50 leaves.
To keep costs low, we recommend only buying the items of stationery you do not have. Your child is welcome to bring items from home, perhaps purchased in previous years and repurposed to save money. This could include erasers, headphones, scientific calculators, and padlocks for the lockers if they already have one.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 10 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 10 credits.
Further assessment opportunities will not be offered for this standard in line with NZQA guidelines
Please be aware, our charges may change