1 Adventure Media (1AVM2)
Learners will have the opportunity to develop an understanding of physical activity in the context of adventure and its nutritional requirements. They will use Photography and design to create a media product that promotes Outdoor adventure activities and healthy eating for youth. If you take this course you cannot select Lights, Camera, Action due to the same Achievement Standard being in both.
Developing an understanding of the nutritional requirements of growing teenagers within an outdoor context. Developing an understanding of media products and their production. Experiencing Outdoor Adventure with in the context of Woolshed Creek and it's environs.
Production of a media product from a design and plan. Presentation of understanding of nutritional requirements of growing teenagers in an outdoor context.
Recommended Prior Learning
Outdoor physical activity experience and media production would be an advantage.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Voluntary Course Contribution
● This course includes a range of Field Trips at a cost of $150.00 to deepen and reinforce learning. * Course cost to be added to statements at the start of course.
● Learners will be expected to assist with and supply their own property (suitable personal clothing and footwear) for overnight and day trip excursions.
Optional Items - Recommended for home purchase and use
● Dedicated learner laptop (Chrome book suitable) with learners own headset recommended.
See Senior Stationery list on our My School Office Max Portal.
Additional stationery for this course includes
● Kingston Canvas Select 32GB Micro SD Memory Card
● A4 Spiral Visual Diary 50 Leaves
● A4 Display Book Insert Cover 40 Pocket
● Loose Leaf Value Refill Pad (LP200) 7mm Lined 200 Leaves
● A4 Writing Exercise Book 7mm Ruled 36 Leaves
To keep costs low, we recommend only buying the items of stationery you do not have. Your child is welcome to bring items from home, perhaps purchased in previous years and repurposed to save money. This could include erasers, headphones, scientific calculators and padlocks for the lockers if they already have one.
Total Credits Available: 14 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.
Please be aware, our charges may change